Monday 7 September 2015

Rome 9.6.15

We are in Rome. A high speed train ride down from Venezia - very comfortable - 3.5 hours. We stayed in this place last year and loved it. We have a small private terrace - not with a view but a sanctuary from the bustle of a very busy city where you can hear the church bells echoing off the walls and the choir singing in the church. Kids laughing and adults chatting in the courtyard below.

 

 

We walked to the market for some supplies (fresh gin, tonic, limes) and ran into a festival of sorts. A procession of nuns marching out of the Santa Maria Majora made me feel like I was back in Rome. We wanted to eat at a place down the street that serves the best carbonara I've ever had but it was closed. Mind you I'm not a foodie but the dishes simplicity is inversely proportionate to its flavor. We will get several more chances to eat there I'm sure.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment