Sunday 27 September 2015

9.27.15 Sunday Ride In The Countryside

Our morning walk to breakfast.




We were fortunate enough to track down our Foodie tour guide Jelte. He agreed to take us on a tour of the country side - by bike. Since he knew about my physical limitations from our previous tour he showed up with a bike for Joseph and a 3 wheeled bike with a box and seat in front where I sat.

Joseph wanted a picture of me in it but it was a sensitive issue for me to sit and have someone else do all the work. I told myself it's either let my ego go and enjoy the beautiful Sunday weather or hang onto it and sulk in the apartment.


An honest to goodness Dutch dike.




 

The tour took us outside the city proper onto the dike system and the towns sitting on them. We stopped mid way at a pub for a light lunch and then ended with some apple pie and coffee.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow we leave bright and early for Munich and another adventure.

 
 
 
 
Good bye to the city of bikes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment