Friday 18 September 2015

9.16.15 Hvar Croatia

Again no other cruise ship in this island town. The water is an amazing blue turquoise color and reminds me of the Aegean Sea. I love blue and this is as beautiful as blue gets.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We strolled around the town for a few minutes and found a comfortable cafe to have something to drink - mineral water. Dan and Joseph went off exploring and walked up to an old fortress while I sat and read. I'd taken a beating the day before on the excursions to the islands where the entire boat ride was all about getting slammed one swell after the other. I needed to stay put to give myself a rest. It was a great people watching spot.

 
You can see our ship in the channel.
You can see our ship in the channel.
You can see our ship in the channel.


 

Cocktail hour was designated as a "wig" party. Wow! The costumes these guys came up with were very colorful and wild. A lot of gay men cultivate and share their gayness to the nth degree. I lasted about 30 minutes before I had to get out of there - someplace where I felt more comfortable.

The 10:30 pm party which we haven't been to yet was a Dalmatian party. Black and white was the costume theme. Since we are on the Croatian coast it was an appropriate theme. Yes - this is where the dog breed comes from. If you've ever been around Dalmatians they are a very high strung and not very intelligent as far as dogs go. We heard twice from our female guides a comparison made between the dog breed and Croatian men.

As with most of the late night parties we were sound asleep by the time they got started.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment