Sunday 6 September 2015

Hill Town Tour 9.5.15

We had another wonderful excursion today. The same Giovanni was our driver and guide. A more lively group this time and like the day before a small group of 7.

The excursion again went through familiar territory for me. A couple of the towns we had cycled through in 2009.

Villa Barbaro a villa by famed architect Andrea Palladio completed around 1560.

 
Visited Asiago - yes- the home of Asiago cheese. Of course we bought some for cocktail hour appetizer. Stopped in a grappa winery. I remember trying grappa many years ago. My opinion of it went unchanged.

Stopped for lunch in Asolo. Of course I had tagliatelle with anchovies.

Giovanni and I sampling some glera grape. We are in Prosecco country.


On our return to Venezia we ran into a thunder storm that miraculously cleared as we arrived. We were greeted by a beautiful rainbow.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment