Saturday 14 November 2015

11.13.15 Painting Angst



 

I go from motivated and enthusiastic to frustration and regret. I have so many ideas for art work in my head and they are usually way too involved and technical. I've learned to paint small and simple things to work on my technique but they leave me uninspired and I finish them just to get them done.It's times like these that I regret not having spent more time in my life learning and practicing and now feel like I don't have enough time. But I made choices. I decided to ski, ride my bike, garden - doing physical things - rather than painting.

My work as a physician was void of creativity as were all the other physical pursuits. At the time I would lament the fact that there was such little creativity in my life. That's how things go.

One thing I l've learned is not to abandon projects too quickly. Although they may not turn out precisely as I had imagined they do teach me something and by persisting there comes a sense of satisfaction.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment