Wednesday 2 December 2015

12.2.15 Hey Where Did My Gin and Tonic Go?

I would guess it's been roughly 2 to 3 weeks since I started losing my gin and tonic.

What I first noticed was having some indigestion after meals - some nausea and generalized discomfort. Mild. Nothing horrendous. I chalked it up to the amount of Ibuprofen I've been taking - mind you I'm not exceeding 800mg in 24 hours. So I did all the precautionary things. Took them with food. Took an acid reducer. And in the last 4 days switched to Tylenol. Nothing.

The big blow is how profoundly not only the taste but the smell gin has on creating nausea. I just can't drink it anymore.

On the tragedy scale this is huge for me. I've been a gin and tonic guy for decades. At first, as would any connoisseur would do, I resorted to forcing myself to drink it but it's became like getting medicine down a 2 year old.

I had planned that up until I leave I'd at least get to enjoy my evening cocktail sitting in my easy chair by the fire. Every day it seems like something that I thought I'd be able to hang onto gets lost.

This is really unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment