Wednesday 26 August 2015

The Patron Saint of Travelers

I have a patron saint. It is the Jizo Bhoddisatva. We were exposed to him on our trip to Japan and because of our experience in Buddism, were drawn to him. One of his functions is to guide travelers safely in both the physical and spiritual realms so he is perfect for me. As we embark on our physical trip I'm realizing that I'm beginning to transition to embark on another trip into the spiritual realm. As my physical self becomes less functional my spiritual self becomes stronger. I will carry the patron saint of travelers with me on both journeys.

From our fall 2013 trip to Japan. People will purchase a Jizo for a loved one and place it on the shrine grounds where they are kept in meticulous order. It appealed to my OCD.
We have a Jizo for each one of the 10 children in our garden. Annie the youngest keeps asking which one is hers. Her biggest concern is whose on either side of her. Same battle we have every time we load everyone into the car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My friend Jenn Woyski gifted me a portable Jizo last summer on our Geneva to Nice cycling trip when she was made aware of my cancer. It will travel with me to Europe on Monday.

Practicing for what hopefully will be many scenes like this in Europe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment