Monday 12 October 2015

10.10.15 Getting booted off the ship.

We had to vacate our cabin by 8:30 but were able to leave our suitcases on board until we were done exploring some more. They offered us the noon day meal as well but both Joseph and I had had enough ship board food and weren't going to pass up a last chance at lunch on the canal.

We did go see an exhibit that had just opened on the Dam square (Nieuwe Kerk). It was about Constantine's Rome. A little more strolling and off to the airport Hyatt.

The leaning facades on the front of the buildings with the hooks on top for hauling stuff up.




Reportedly the smallest house in Amsterdam.

Tomorrow we are off for home. No more pictures of buildings, mountains, countryside or food. I'm ambivalent about returning home. Except for hanging out with the kids and walking the dogs which I've missed a lot I think I'd prefer to continue to travel. In the past I would be anxious about doing things like going back to the gym and yoga. The upcoming ski season. Now I have my walking stick and escalating doses of medication.

I'm going to reiterate what I've said before. I am so appreciative of my husband who has been amazing at organizing this trip. From the big things like hotel and cruise reservations to the small where he is frequently checking in with me, taking care of the boarding passes and pass ports. Asking me how I'm doing and adjusting outings accordingly. All I have to do is follow along and enjoy my self. I love you Joseph Broom.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment